Monday, March 31, 2014

Terrytown Barns

Sunlight is my favorite condition to paint in, I'm sure it is the same for many painters. The sunlight casts shadows, which create shapes to design the canvas with.
A barrista at the local coffee shop commented that March gives the feeling of a hangover to those who don't drink. I haven't had a drink in a while, and I sort of enjoy the overcast days for reasons other than painting.
To me, these dreary winter days feel neutralized. I do not get a big rush when painting them, it is more of a steady pace rather than a chase. These barns have also felt the steady pace of season after season beating them up.

3 comments:

Matthew Holt said...

Aww man...this is gorgeous, Kyle! The greys are right up my alley. You have a super winter collection going this year!

Kyle Martin said...

Thanks Matt. Too bad all that snow is pretty much gone! I never thought I'd say that....
Kyle

Matthew Holt said...

Kind of gonna miss painting it too. Nothing like some of the blues in snow and designing with the contrast of snow.