Sunday, May 12, 2019

Sunset behind the Chicken Coop Studio 11x14" $450

This piece was painted on an April evening, standing in the corn field to the east of my studio. I found it hard to look directly at the sun, so I relied on a mirror to look at the scene backwards for much of the information that I needed. As the sun set, it's intensity obscured outlines of the shapes of buildings and added color to an otherwise muddy scene. 

Plein air painting is always a discovery. Had I gone out on this day with a pre-conceived notion of what I wanted the painting to look like, something quite different would have emerged. I teach a way of painting that enables you to see as a painter, and how to use your perceptions as a point of departure into your creativity. Painting is one path to finding beauty in everyday, seemingly-unimportant experiences, and I hope to share in that with you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Spring! I'm pleased to announce the dates for my plein air painting workshop.

The two-day workshop will be on Saturday June 22 and Sunday June 23, from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm on each day. The workshop will be held on my farm, located at:

S3749 Schneider Rd. 
Rock Springs, WI 53961.

If you would like to register for the workshop, I can accept payment online via paypal, or you can put a check in the mail. Either way, drop me a note at this email address and I will put your name down! 

I will also be teaching two painting classes at the Peninsula School of Art. The June 3 and 4 class is FULL.


Thank you for allowing me to share my paintings and my classes with you. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Thanks,
Kyle Martin
 

No comments: