Friday, January 15, 2016

Barn Door January 15 - 30 paintings in 30 Days

Barn Door 6x8" oil on carton attached to stretched canvas - $75


This is a painting that I did last week. I only had a half hour to paint this morning, before running to Chicago to pick up my girlfriends daughter, so I'm glad to have one for reserve. This is our barn door out here on the farm, in late afternoon. The chicken coop studio is seen in the upper left of the painting as well. This painting was made on carton, from Gurella Painter. It is a modern, and formaldehyde free version of the support used by Toulouse Lautrec and Edouard Vuillard. I didn't leave much open areas of tone, as they did, but it was a fun surface to try out. Tomorrow, I'm taking a couple sheets of it to Madison, to do some heightened drawings at the Union, after we visit the Geology Museum, the Chazan Art Museum, Lao Laan Xang, and Gallery Dillon. This 30 in 30 challenge has shed some light into a otherwise grey month!



I'm also sending out a package to a repeat collector from Washington DC. I thought I'd share a photo of the contents of her package. The cow is a three color reduction print that I threw in as a surprise for her.

1 comment:

Patricia Wafer said...



she picked some good ones!!!