Saturday, January 23, 2016

Workshop at Gallery Dillon

 
 
 
 
I have a three day workshop coming up at Gallery Dillon in Madison! The class is going to focus on simple still life items on a colorful and patterned tablecloth. I taught a similar class last year, and it was one of my most successful of the year. There are some photos showing the students at work. In this class, we work on the same painting over three days. On the first day, we design our values composition on paper, and then create an imprimatura underpainting on the canvas, scrubbing in our darks and pulling away the lights. On the second day, we paint all the still life objects. On the third day, we will paint the tablecloth and the edges between the objects and the tablecloth.  
Pat has some great work in the gallery, and I'm excited to teach the class. It's my first workshop in Madison. Give the image a click, to make the text larger. To sign up for the class, you can email Pat at pat@gallerydillon.com, or me at kylemartinfineart@gmail.com
 
 







No comments: