Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Late Summer

August was filled with Brewers games, Bachelors parties (nothing too wild), canoe and skateboarding trips and lots of painting along the way. August is always a nice month to paint, The brush moves a bit easier after a whole summer of painting. Some of these paintings feature the Queen Annes Lace in the ditches by the roads, which is mostly gone now after last weeks cold snap. There are still plenty of wildflowers out there, and the fields are beginning to turn rusty colors. Farmers are chopping corn and the leaves started changing color a few weeks ago.

Photobucket
12"x18".

Photobucket
9"x12"

Photobucket
8"x12"

Photobucket
24"x30"

Photobucket
16"x20"

Photobucket
18"x24"

Summer is over, but this is open for discussion. Please leave me a comment!

5 comments:

Jan Yates, SCA said...

Wow..that's it..wow..viewing your work is like drinking a REALLY REALLY good bottle of wine--or a few Guinness--one wants to experience and savour every nuance and for it to never end...

David Westerfield said...

I hope summer's not over. I love summer painting. Fall is fine too, it's what comes after that I'm not looking forward to. Your paintings look great. They definitely capture the feel of summer.

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Jan,
Yes, a good bottle of wine and some Wisconsin Cheese! Thanks for the positive words.

Hi David,
2 months till the leaves are all fallen. I used to hate winter, but found that I love snowboarding and cross country skiing. I have a paintbox that I stick in my backpack and just go!

Cheers,
Kyle

Daniel Corey said...

Great work Kyle! Just makes me wanna see more....

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Dan,
Yes, I really need to post them as I paint em!