Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sunsoaked Summer Post 3


This painting was a demo piece from a color workshop that I gave in June, at my Chicken Coop Studio. I was working indoors for this one. The blue color behind the pitcher is the color of my studio floor.
When I thought about painting the studio floor, I figured that there would be floor paint in a few stock colors... easy to choose, right? When they told me they could mix any color I knew this was going to be a tough decision. I took in a swatch of Bonnard Blue from Senellier, and Sherwin Williams scanned it and mixed me the exact color. It works well for my studio, as all the warm colors in my paintings hanging on the wall pop even more against the dirty cerulean color.

2 comments:

Jan F. said...

This is beautiful, Kyle!

BTW, how can I find out about any upcoming workshops??

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Jan,
Thanks! I pray each morning that my demo's don't flop.

I have a plein air workshop that starts a week from Friday, there are two spaces available. If you would like more info, please email me at blksquirl85@yahoo.com
I will be teaching an interior workshop in the late autumn/early winter in Baraboo WI, possibly at the civic center as well.
Thanks,
Kyle