Friday, April 11, 2014

Broadway Street, Baraboo, Wisconsin

This is Baraboo Wisconsin, again. This was painted in early February, when there was still plenty of snow on the rooftops and streets.
I was invited to paint on a private home's deck, and took them up on the opportunity. I was pretty secluded, and on the second day the owner was not home, but knowing that I had an open opportunity, I set up and went to work. A car pulled into the driveway, and not knowing who it was made me feel a little bit uncomfortable. Not as uncomfortable as the time the kids were shooting a gun over my head in the country, but even so. Everything turned out alright this time, as the visitor was the owners son, who was just checking the bird feeder.
These little midwestern towns are the places that I call home, and I love painting around here.

3 comments:

Chris Gillis said...

Great work Kyle - digging the new paintings. Some really nice colors next another color in your work these days.

Matthew Holt said...

Wow! Kyle, man, you're seriously killin' it this year! Another beauty.

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks so much! I have a painting on the easel, where I'm starting to push the colors more. I have always been pretty true to nature, but am hoping to change it a little bit.
Kyle