Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Falling Barn

The old Bindl Barn 24x30" oil on panel

This monster is located between Rock Springs and Baraboo. The new owner inherited it from her father a few years ago, and she gave me the history of the place. It actually served as a chicken coop from the 50's on, this has to be one of the largest chicken coops I've seen. 
The place is falling down. I've painted it from the other side a few times over the years, and I'm glad that I have as it will probably be torn down this year. This time, I wanted to paint the lit side of the barn, so I asked permission to walk down by the field to paint. It turns out she is a substitute teacher for Baraboo schools, just like me.
While I was painting, the Baraboo Bluffs were to my back, and the owner served me vegan muffins and soup. It was very peaceful and nice to be out there painting on some nice sunny days in November.  

No comments: