Sunday, January 10, 2016

Bathroom Window Interior



Bathroom Window Interior 9x12" oil on canvas - $99


 
Today I had an hour to squeeze in my painting for the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. After I painted, I drove up to Stephens Point, to drop off two paintings for a group show of Wisconsin Landscapes at the Scarabocchio Art Museum. The show opens on January 22, and I'm really excited because I'm showing with some great painters! It is my first museum show, so this is a big honor.

The following paintings are the two pieces that were selected for the show. Both are 24x36"

 
 

 
 


8 comments:

Jan F. said...

Congrats on the museum show, Kyle!

Jan F. said...

Congrats on the museum show, Kyle!

Laurie Mueller said...

Beautiful as always, Kyle!

Kyle Martin said...

Thanks Jan, I hope we can get some painting time in together this winter in the coop:)

Hi Laurie, thanks so much, I have been enjoying your work from the 30 in 30, it always catches my eye in the small thumbnails, so I know they have wall presence :)

Kyle

Jan F. said...

That would be fantastic, Kyle! I'm going to Door Co. next week to paint, and then am in Michigan for the first part of February, but after that I should be around. I've been a wimp when it comes to winter plein air painting-I'm hoping the weather gets a *bit* warmer soon.

Patricia Wafer said...

Congratulations on the show!! I love the woods painting!!

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Jan,
Have a great time in Door Co. I wish I was headed up with you to paint! I'm hoping for 30s for you. I've been enjoying doing the still life paintings lately, as you are right, it is too cold this week. It's cold in the coop even with the pellet stove blowing on me!

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Pat,
Thanks so much! I drove it up to Stephens Point, and the show looks really good. John Ribble and Chris Gargan are in the show as well, Their work looks really good. So does Rob the two pieces from Rob Williams. Talk to you soon,
Kyle