Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Outubuilding January 5 - 30 Paintings in 30 Days

Outbuilding 8x8" oil on canvas. Sold


 

Here is a little cold weather landscape from earlier today. My friend Josh and I went out painting, and drove down a road that I haven't been down before. This grainery was at a farm with a fallen down barn. The fallen down barn might make a subject for another painting, but it was all in shadow. It was upper 20's outside, but the howling wind made it feel colder than that. There is a storm coming later in the week and I can't wait for more snow.

2 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Nice outbuilding! Our countryside is full of falling down buildings too. Better paint them before they are gone, I always think, and then I paint an animal, ha! Great job - color and brushstroke are very nice!

Kyle Martin said...

Hi Pattie, I know what you mean about painting them before they are gone. In 4 months, on my old commute, 3 barns went down. One was huge, it must have been 100 feet long. All that's left is the foundation.